Happy Turkey Day!

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada, and being from Newfoundland normally means a big Jiggs Dinner with the family. However, this Thanksgiving I am in Ontario. So, we had sushi today.



This was a jammed backed past couple of days. Flying up to Ontario after class, three hour flight, getting in super late and just crashing at Jake's sister's house. Friday we headed into Guelph where wedding prep was in full swing. Got my nails done with the girls and we ran around getting pies and all sorts of things.

Saturday was then the big day! Karen and Jonathan's wedding! I was ready to go at 9 am with 3 inch heels on and I went around helping Jake's mom and his sisters with making sure everything was ready and that we had everything. The service was lovely, Karen was beautiful as she always is and it was lovely. It couldn't have possibly gone any better than it did. I'm so happy I got to be apart of their big day. We danced and drank and laughed. It was really nice.


Sunday we headed back in towards the big city. We had the gift opening and had two of the families there together. It was nice. It was kinda like being home in Newfoundland. Just a lot warmer. We spent the whole day there and then headed back to Guelph.

Monday, today was another busy day. Even though it's only the afternoon now and I should be studying. It was fun. We had a look around the university, which was nice. It's such a nice campus. After we walked around we got sushi and W Sushi and it was so good. If you ever get the chance to go there go! They have awesome cheese won-tons. So, good!


Anyway, I need to get studying now since I have a nice few midterms at the end of the week. Hope you enjoyed my little update. So, happy I got to spend my thanksgiving in Ontario. It was a nice change.

Jessie xx

No comments