Christmas Songs to Listen to!


I don't know about you, but I love listening to Christmas music as the season comes closer. Although, I'm not doing it today because I am still in prime test time and assignment time. It gets me too excited and I can't focus. However, after the middle of next week I will be playing Christmas music flat out. So, I thought, "why not share my favourite Christmas songs?" That's exactly what I'm going to do in today's post. Also, these are in no particular order, just some favourites from the top of my head... Let's take a look.

1. Kelly Clarkson- Underneath the Tree
  So, good. Her whole Christmas album is perfect and I greatly enjoy it. This one is very upbeat and last Christmas I would play this multiple times while getting the house ready for the holidays.

2. Paul McCartney- Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time
 I love this song, it reminds me of that newer Rudolph movie that came out maybe 10 years ago? I enjoy it and it puts me in a great mood. Although, I know a number of people that dislike it, however, me and my siblings all share the same love for this song.

3. Frank Willis- Hello Mom and Dad, I'm coming home for Christmas
 This song you may not be familiar with. It was written by a Newfoundlander and when I was growing up for the Christmas concert this was sang by one of my classmates a few times. I love his version of course, however, that's not on a CD. This song has a good little beat and nice to play in the background and it just reminds me of Christmas when I was growing up.

4. Mariah Carey- All I want for Christmas is You
This is my sisters favourite, so I had to put it in somewhere. She's been playing it since last week. She also without fail will put it on when we're decorating the tree.

5. Rudolph Movie- Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
This one is perfect. Perfect to listen to leading up to Christmas. Some of my favourite songs are from those old puppet Christmas movies.

6.Year Without a Santa Claus- Mr. Snow Miser
Everyone else I know hates it, but it's one of my favourites.

7. Frosty The Snowman- any artist who sings it
Such a classic song to listen to.

8. Hey Rosetta!- Carry Me Home
A band based originally from here in Newfoundland. They actually put on a Christmas show every year here and it's tradition that me and my friend go every year. That's probably the best indication that finals are over and Christmas is here. Really good tune and if you're not familiar with Hey Rosetta take a listen they have some great songs!

9. Michael Bublé - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Any of his Christmas songs are awesome!

10. Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy- The Tractors
Again, another one I grew up with off of one of our old Newfoundland Christmas Albums.

So, here are 10 songs I enjoy listening to around Christmas time that get me way more pumped than I already am for it. What are some Christmas songs you guys enjoy listening to? Comment some songs down below!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Jessie xx

No comments