Remaining Productive in Summer


Ah yes, summer. Days of heat, fun, beaches, adventure, and of course studying/work. If you've been keeping up with me for a while you'll know that I normally will take a course or two during the summer whilst also working full time and doing other side projects. It's a tall order and I normally stray away from it at times. So, how do I stay productive? Goals. Small goals specifically.

If I set the goal smaller, I'm able to complete it much faster than I anticipated originally. For example, for my blog I set aside an hour- 1.5 hours towards the blog. Those few hours can then be spent writing future posts or reading other blogs, I have to give that much time towards it.. everyday. The end of the week on Saturday I will normally treat myself then to a lazy morning and be like "Yes! I did it!"

If that satisfaction isn't enough to keep you productive, try lists. If I want to be sure to do something I make a list. Once I've completely the task on the list I cross it off. I'm not sure what it is, but seeing nothing left on my list is great.

That not enough? Routine. Make it a routine to do something daily and it will eventually stick. I read somewhere before that to make something a habit you have to do it for 60 days in a row... or well something like that. If you have to study for an upcoming test, put aside so much time a day and get that done. Even if it is the most beautiful day you should try to get it done. If you just can't bare to do it on a sunny day, bank that hour to the next. As long as you get it done at some point in the week.

Right now I've began studying for my GMAT test. It isn't until October, but I want to be sure I know the material and I'm also preparing now while I'm working a pretty chill job. I have more free time for personal matters while still getting work done and that personal matter right now is going to be GMAT studying. I'm making a study schedule and going to be following that.

Always make sure to get your work done and to take some time away to enjoy summer. Being productive in summer is difficult, but it is rewarding in the long run. What do you do to remain productive in summer?

I hope you are all having a magical day and thank you so much for stopping by!

Jessie xoxo

No comments