The Big 23


Yup, I turn 23 tomorrow. How weird. Imagine, 23 years of life. Growing, maturing to become this person I am today or well tomorrow. I may do a post about my birthday "day", but I'm not doing anything big for it besides going to dinner with a few friends.

So, for this post I thought I would just share some of my thoughts on the idea of turning 23. Which is such a scary thought to me. I'm not sure why, but when I hear 23 I hear adult. 22 doesn't seem like an adult that seems like having fun and still being a teenager. However, 23 sounds like I should have more responsibilities, be working full time all year, and getting engaged. Which a number of people I went to school with have already started on that part. It's a weird feeling for sure.

It also feels like it has been no time since I graduated from high school, when in fact it has now been 5 years. Time has been going so fast and I feel like its not ever going to slow down. It's like I'm going to blink and I'll be 30, blink again 50, blink again 80. It's crazy and I still don't know what I want to do with my life let alone next week.

There are a few things I hope to accomplish while I'm 23. One is to get my blog up to 500 followers. If I could that would be pretty cool. If I don't, that's okay too. Second is to land a full time job over minimum wage. Third is make it to Europe. I would love to get to finally travel across the pond and visit the UK and parts of Europe and maybe 23 will be the age I finally do that. Fourth, move out. I want to get out on my own two feet. I want to live in my own place, have my own furniture and deal with all that crazy responsibilities. 23 may be the age I move out. We'll have to see.

All I know is that I hope at 23 I still have awesome friends and family around me and that I'm happy. I just want to be happy and content with life always. I know there will be a few hurdles life is going to throw at me this year already, but I'm hoping I'm fast and jump over those quickly.

Life is crazy and it moves so fast that sometimes I feel like I can't keep up. I'm hoping I start keeping up this year and that it is forever amazing.

So, tomorrow I turn the big 23 and I'm ready.

Thank you for stopping by and reading this oddly long post on my birthday.
I hope you all have a splendid day!

Jessie xoxo

2 comments

  1. Happy birthday I hope 23 is a brilliant year for you. I loved the goals that you set, I'm sure you'll achieve them all especially reaching 500 followers your blog is amazing :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Izzy! You're so sweet, thank you for those kind words! :)
      I went & followed you over on bloglovin'! You have a lovely blog/YouTube Channel! :)

      Delete