February 2017 First Impressions


I was in Shoppers this past weekend and decided to have a treat myself moment whilst I was in the cosmetics isle. The one isle, I would have one of those moments in.

Anyway, there were a few things on sale that I wanted to try and sure enough, I was like "Yup, gonna get these". So, I bought them, tried them, and now I bring to you today a few of my first impressions of the products. 



The first Product is an NYX Lingerie Lipstick. I already have one of these, but I wanted to try another colour. I decided to go with Ruffle Trim. Really nice nude colour. Has a bit of a rouge to it. It wears pretty well, but you may need to reapply it after a meal. Otherwise, it is a really non-drying liquid lipstick and has a mousse texture to it. 



The second product was the Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation. I bought a Maybelline one a few months ago, but for whatever reason, this one breaks me out or slides off my face. However, the Rimmel one is super lightweight. It doesn't slide off my face and it has build-able coverage. I don't like to layer my foundation, but this one has a nice base to it and really goes well with the usual makeup I use. It is also very hydrating as it describes. Overall, a solid foundation that I would recommend.



Along with makeup, I also picked up Garnier's new Purifying Makeup Removing Wipes. It is supposed to clean and create a matte complexion. It's pretty good and has about 40% more product in it compared to the other ones they have. However, I find it doesn't remove as much makeup as it should. I also find I have to slightly scrub to get it off, where the other kind I can just do a quick wipe. So, this one is a bit of a hit or miss and rather than a makeup remover, more of an oily patch ridder.



The last product I bought was the Clean & Clear acne spot treatment. This one I have had excellent results with. It smells a little strange (kind of like alcohol), but it does really work. I have had a problem area on my face for months and this really made a huge difference to me. I had under the skin pimples that would not go away ever, but they have significantly decreased over the last few days while I used the product. So, I would really recommend this product for quick spot fixes.


That's all for my first impressions. Have you tried any of these products before? Let me know in the comments down below what you thought of them!

Thank you so much for stopping by and I will see you all again very soon.


Jessie xoxo

No comments