Thoughts and Feelings about Heading Back to School



It's been a spell and summer was a busy hot mess, but I'm back and have some thoughts for you guys. 

So, if you don't follow me on Twitter you may not know that I've decided to head back to school again. However, I'm not heading back for MBA, but I am going an entirely different route. I am heading back and doing an English major and will hopefully be applying to the secondary education program at my University for next September. 

This is a huge difference, I know! So far, I have been getting mixed reviews from friends and family. Some are being super supportive, others have voiced their concerns and feel like I'm wasting my business degree. However, I don't feel that way and that's the main thing. I feel like education is a much more significant role for me rather than working in a stuffy office building stuck at a desk all day. I really want to make a difference in people's lives, so why not be the teacher students can reach out to if they need help. Now, I could be completely wrong, but in this life does anything ever turn out like we want it to? Nope. 

Anyway, I had my first class back the other day. It was a big day, and it is still kind of a blur. I was in buildings I haven't had classes in since my first year in 2011 and I was getting lost, but the environment is much more relaxed than in my business classes. People also seem a bit freer. I noticed so many tattoos where my business classes if you had one you had it covered. People were also wearing different styles of clothes and I was in awe taking all of that in. Luckily, I have my best friend in all of my classes so she helped me get from A to B and sorted out our textbook lists and I am ever so grateful for her. 

My only real concern over this semester is how I am going to successfully juggle school and full-time work again without breaking. I have already written one of my papers and have started reading one of the required novels since this is my last day off from both school and work. I just hope I keep motivated throughout the semester. 

I am going to be setting goals for myself and I hope I reach them. I will be giving updates throughout the semester and any tips I can think of for myself I will be sharing with you all!

Do you have any advice for me on how to deal with this upcoming semester? Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my posts!



No comments