Ending 2014

Keeping up with my brand new idea I'm going to list some facts about myself:

  • My weight is 167 lbs. According to BMI I should be around 135-145 based on my height. 
  • According to the color part I am at the very edge of going from overweight to obese. 
  • BMI is also not a good measure to go by, but I will just for right now
  • I'm a size large in most shirts and sweaters, Large in leggings, and size 9 or 11 in jeans
  • My average blood sugar is around 11.4
I am ending the year 2014 with these stats about myself. My most hated facts about myself at that. My friends say I don't look like my weight or the size of my clothes; however, I feel the facts. I feel the extra weight that has come about, gradually creeping up on me, piling up in a way. It makes me feel miserable. I don't like how I look anymore. I feel self-conscious around my boyfriend now too.. which never was an issue before. I am tired all the time now.
 Getting on track with my diabetes, as well as trying to lose weight at the same time is going to be very difficult. Not to mention finding a job that will look much better on my resume for grad school that I have to keep for over 2 years. It's going to be hard. I still have 12 courses left till I finish my degree, so with all of my other plans I need to still strive to get those 4.0s in some courses.
 Just imaging all the tasks in front of me in the new year is slightly overwhelming. This time I won't flake though. I have some goals in mind and I will strive to keep those goals.

My Goals for 2015:

  • Be around 155 lbs. by the end of March. That means I need to have lost 13 lbs in about 3 months. 
  • By the end of July I should hope to be around 145 lbs. That means an additional 10 lbs in 4 more months
  • By this time next year I should hopefully be down to 130-135 lbs. Getting to this goal overall means losing 37 lbs in the coming year.
  • With my diabetes I hope I can get my average blood sugar down to 9.0 by the end of April.
  • By the end of August I hope to have it down to 8.0
  • By this time next year I hope to have it down to 7.0 or lower.
 I feel like getting my sugars down is going to much harder than the weight loss. Hopefully over the coming weeks I figure out a plan that can help manage both at the same time.

This is going to be my year to get on track and then in 2016 I will head to my convocation feeling almost 100% great and ready to face my future in stride!

Anyway, these are my plans for the new year!
Thank you to whoever has read this all the way through and I hope you have a marvelous day and Happy New Year to all!

Also, be ready for another post later today on my new years outfit!

No comments