6 Things I'm looking Forward to this Fall

I don’t know about you, but fall is my favourite time of the year. It makes me so happy. I love the temperature, I love the colours, I love the food, I love a sense of routine, and it’s just great. If you don’t like fall you’re weird. I’m just kidding, but seriously though how can you not enjoy fall? Plus it has Thanksgiving and Halloween too! It’s great. Anyway, before I ramble on some more I have a list for you guys today. As the title of this post suggests it’s on the things I’m looking forward to this fall and I'm sharing conveniently with the 1st day of Autumn being tomorrow! Now some things are different this fall compared to other falls, but none the less I’m super excited for all of it! Let’s take a look at this list!

11.     Colors


I’m obviously going to talk about the colors. It’s my favourite thing. I’m hoping to take a drive over to Tilt Cove again when the leaves are starting to get nice here because that means they’ll be perfect over there. Where I’m too we have a lot more ever green trees and pine trees. We don’t really have many leafy tress which makes me sad. Except for at Bowring Park in St. John’s. They have lovely trees there and Max will be having a photo shoot there whenever the leaves start going perfect. I’m also super excited to see how he reacts to piles of leaves. It’s going to be great and we will be filming his reaction. I’ll make sure to post that when it comes.

22.     Clothing


My whole wardrobe is made for Fall and Winter. I kind of let the two tangle together because those seasons in Newfoundland on the East Coast kind of go hand in hand. Anyway, I’m excited to go back to boots, thick leggings, dresses, and oversized cardigans. I will hopefully be doing some lookbooks once I get the chance.

33.     Candles


If you’re not excited for Fall candles are you even human? Maybe, but really to each their own. I, myself, love fall themed candles. To me they smell absolutely heavenly. They always make me happy and awake and they just bring joy when I walk into a room. Unfortunately, the only room I’m walking into with a fall themed candle is my room because they rest of my family does not appreciate the pumpkin themed smells I love. Anyway, one candle in particular I really love is the Pumpkin Apple (pictured above) one from Bath & Body Works. It’s fantastic! It’s also a pretty fall color with a copper lid, it just screams FALL! Other candles to look out for are leaves and autumn. I find these more of a fresh spicy smell. They also match perfectly for fall and are perfect to have in the background.

44.     Pumpkin Hunting


This I love. Myself and Jake go out to Lester’s Farm every year and pick out the two best pumpkins we can find. We always then carve them together and it’s just one of those personal things I look forward to every year. I also love just seeing all the pumpkins, the corn maze, and the animals. It’s a lot of fun and if you haven’t gone to a farm like this I would totally recommend it!

55.     Halloween



Who doesn’t love Halloween? Not many, although when I was little I used to hate it because I wasn’t allowed to eat any of the candy and my siblings got all of it. Although, in more recent years I have started to love it. I put more effort now into my costumes or decorating the house than ever before. I am also the only one in my house really into decorating the house to the point when I move out my family is going to have very outdated decorations because any new decorations you may see in the house have all been retrieved by moi! Anyway, just the whole decorating, doing up loot bags, planning a costume, and watching some childish Halloween movies is just so nostalgic to me. It makes me happy and takes my mind off school for just a little while!

66.     Wedding/Visits

A more personal event I’m excited for that will probably not apply to everyone (and why I do not have Thanksgiving listed here) is that I’m actually going away to Ontario Thanksgiving weekend. Jake’s sister is getting married so we’re all going up there and spending almost a week there. I’m super excited for this. I am also excited for a mainland fall, since their falls always seem so much nicer than Newfoundland’s. The wedding should be amazing as well and so nice, it’s autumn themed. Also getting to see all of Jake’s family at the one time again should be so nice. This hasn’t happened in like 4 or 5 years now! Which is crazy!

Anyway here are the 6 things I’m looking forward to this Fall. I know the last few got kind of personal, but I figured it is what I’m looking forward to after all. What are you guys looking forward to or does anything in my list relate to you as well? I’d love to hear what you guys are looking forward to this coming fall!

I'm also going to apologize for all the typical stock photos. Unfortunately, the weather in Newfoundland this week was not at all nice and between work and school I couldn't get out to get any relevant photos. I also had none that had anything to do with what I was talking about. I know so many excuses, but I'll get better at being more prepared. I wouldn't mind also getting your views on using stock photos. I know I'm not fond of using them, but they do come in handy when life gets very busy. Let me know what you guys are thinking!

Thanks so much for reading!

Jessie xx

1 comment

  1. I love autumn too! especially the clothes and colours. Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete