Keeping Track of Social Media

Social media is everywhere now and everyone has it. Everyone has Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Youtube. They also either have one or all social media accounts listed above. They could also have a blog and Tumblr account. There are so many now that it's almost hard to keep track of them all, especially if you run multiple different accounts from each one. I myself have a number of accounts. I have personally account on all, I also have professional ones, a blogging one, and I even have an Instagram account for Max. You're probably wondering how you can keep on top of it all? Well there's two things that I use, let's take a look.

1. A Planner
This is probably the easiest way to keep track of everything and anything. However, you'll have to keep up with all the work daily. I make sure to have one with the calendar and the one for writing in each day (I have a post on the planner I use here) you can also buy blogging planners on some Etsy stores. I will go through the planner and write on which days I want to post from this account or make a tweet from another. If you don't have a lot of accounts to manage then it can be a very effective managing tool. It works well with keeping you on track.

2. Hootsuite or a similar website/networking app.
If you're new to Hootsuite here's a link to their about section. It's pretty much a company who have created a platform that helps you manage anything to everything with social media! I am actually Hootsuite Certified and I got that through my University. However, you can just go to Hootsuite and do this anyway. There is a fee to it, but otherwise you can freely use the website and you don't need to pro account either. It is helpful, but you can do without it. So, what can you do with Hootsuite? Well you can schedule statues, post pictures, blogs, all scheduled. You can also actually upload a spread sheet with a months worth of tweets and Hootsuite will upload from that on your desired dates. They have some pretty good analytic tools to give you an idea of your audience. You can also get the owly shorten-er to shorten up web-links so you can have more content in your tweets. Similar to tiny URL. It really is a very helpful device. So, it is like a planner, but you can kinda so everything in advance so you don't have to worry about missing a post. Hootsuite also has plenty of articles out there that can help answer any questions you may have!


Now best thing to do is actually use a planner and Hootsuite. That way you can always keep on track of everything!

Hope you found this helpful! Also Hootsuite just got linked with Instagram! I'm still trying to figure it out, but if it is decent to use I'll probably make a post about it!
Have an awesome day you guys!
Jessie xx

No comments