The Future is Hard


I don't know about you, but I'm 22 and still am not 100% sure with what I want to do. Or more like there are too many things I want to do and I do not have the resources to do that. If I were to analyze this like one of my strategic management classes it would mean I am the problem. I need to get more resources and do a plan of how to do that.
Now you could also be thinking right now "Jessie what happened? Things will be okay." Here's what happened. Career & Grad School Fair is what happened. My university puts it off every fall for people to hand in resumes to oil businesses or to get info to grad schools. I of course did the later since I have no interest to work in the oil industry. I have decided that maybe I want to do my masters at Guelph University. Money of course is the problem there and getting my GMAT done. I think taking a year off to work and study for that could be okay. This idea of where to work or who could hire me for a year is also what's making me sad. I feel like I don't have an edge in the job market here in Newfoundland. However, I have opportunities away and could work with a big company in the Northwest Territories. It would probably be a contract position. Also giving me experience and money to do what I want, but it's also a big jump for this small town girl. 
There is also a program I was looking at that involves teaching English over in Japan. I think this would be so cool, but again it's a whole year. 
As you can tell I am very conflicted with what I should do with my life. Things get more complicated when decisions like this involves not just yourself but your family and your long term relationship of almost five years and health professionals.

However, I am going to try and be positive and ask questions and you know maybe by February I'll have an idea of what I want to do. It's important to ask questions in life, it's not a sign of weakness. It's a sign that you have identified the problem and need to fix it.

Anyway, that is my weekly update of my life this week. Are you guys going through something similar? Or don't know what you want to do with life either? Let me know & lets talk about it! Also if anyone has some grad schools they would like to suggest that would be cool too!

Thanks for reading! 
Jessie xx

No comments