This Past Week *Last week of August Edition*


So, this past week was pretty jammed packed filled with things. For one I was working a fair bit early in the week and didn't really get a chance to do anything except hang out with the boyfriend's sister who was home for a week,
Wednesday marks when I actually did something interesting. My sibling, mom, nan and myself went to visit our great grandmother in Tilt Cove, Newfoundland. Interesting little place because it is also now the smallest town in Canada. Five people live there and I'm related to every single one of them. So, we left early Wednesday morning and took turns driving. We had some pit stops along the way, but we finally made it there after seven hours.
We surprised grandma, she was so shocked to see us all. It was cute. We then chilled with her and my great aunt for a bit and then started to explore. Exploring Tilt Cove is probably one of my favourite things to do in life. Even though it's the smallest town it's actually huge. It's also pretty much down in a valley surrounded by mountains and you wouldn't even know the ocean is right next to you unless you actually walk for 15 minutes to get to the wharf. Anyway, we explored up some of the hills and took a look at the museum and we got our picture with the Ant Man Billboard. (Wondering about that? Here's a link to that!)
After all the exploring we had supper, explored some more, hung out with grandma for a bit longer then hit the hay.





Thursday marks us leaving early again, saying bye to grandma and driving back home for another 7 hours. We got home in the evening and I just hung out with the boyfriend and his sister for a little while then it was off to bed again.

Friday was another jammed packed day. I went berry-picking really early in the morning with the boyfriend's mom and his sister for a bit. Then it was saying good bye to her again since her flight was that day. Then me and the boyfriend headed off to Ferryland to go to Lighthouse Picnics. We also took over energetic Max with us. It was so pretty and so good! It was actually the best food I've eaten in so long. We both had the ham & brie with green apple sandwiches on oatmeal bread. I had the chocolate gauche cake and he had the s'more brownie. We had freshly made lemonade to drink. In fact almost all of the ingredients at Lighthouse Picnics are freshly made from local produce. It was very beautiful there and I wish we could have stayed there all day. However, we had to get moving since I had work that evening.



The rest of the weekend was just me working and coming home to sleep. Even today on this holiday I have to work. Pretty much everyday including the day back to school! I'm going to be one exhausted girl by the time Saturday gets here!
Anyway that was my week. I hope you enjoyed reading about it and looking at some of the pictures I took.
I hope you all have a wonderful day & thank you so much for reading!

Jessie xx

No comments