Room Makeover Plans

I'm making some big changes this year it looks like. So far, I've cut off my hair, put blond in it, am starting a new job, finished school, looking into buying my own car, and I'm also completely changing my bedroom. I know, not as big as the other things, but my bedroom is very much apart of me and reflects what I like and my personality. If you excuse the mess in the photo below, I don't know how I get it like this, but in any case you can kind of tell that this was for sure planned out by a senior high school student. I also figured I'd show you what exactly at this very moment I'll be changing including the huge mess. I have a giant Sailor Moon painted on my wall as well as soot sprites and a giant painting of an anime character (I'm cool I swear). I have also had the same bedspread now for 3 or 4 years. In all it doesn't really scream 23 years old recent university grad, does it?


So, since getting back from my trip I've been thinking "Jessie you need to change this" and what better time is now (especially before the tax hikes in Newfoundland set for July). I'm going to have about week in between my jobs giving me sometime to paint, organize and completely change my room. I also have another project idea planned for my dresser/vanity because oh god is that an eye sore.

The Plan

So, right now the plan isn't complete. I have ordered my new duvet and cover from the lovely company Simons. The colors I'm going for are white,grey, black, blue and a yellowish/gold color. I have been planning out the art work in my room for a while and that will all be in white/black frames. I'm also planning on getting some floating shelves and completely gutting out the customized white book shelf my dad made me. My closet is also going to be getting an overhaul and organized. That I'm all hoping to start this week so I just need to move some things into the hallway and I can get started on painting.

The colors for my walls are a big thing. I love purple it is hands down my fav color, however, it really isn't helping my metamorphosis into adulthood. So, I'm going with a teal accent wall and the other walls a light grey. Causing that vanity to stick out like a sore thumb. That I'm planning on painting white and black and refinishing and adding new knobs to it. It's older than me and dated so it gotta change. That I'm planning to do a weekend in July.

I'm aiming pretty high here on getting this done quickly and easily. We'll see how that goes. I will be sure to keep you guys posted on that over on my Twitter and on my Instagram. Also during that week I'm planning a major house clean up and gut because I'm planning a big convocation party with family and friends (hopefully).

Let's see how this goes Crane-a-roos.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll talk to you soon.

Jessie xoxo

No comments