Saying Good Bye One Last Time

Saying Good Bye One Last Time





It is now July 17th, 2016. This post is not going to be an upbeat post. It may seem a little sad in fact.. so, here goes. 

This past Wednesday I received the call from my mom, that I had been anticipating for weeks and wished to never come. My great grandmother passed away. The very woman I'm named after had passed away and I felt shattered. 

I had come to terms to the fact that I may never see her again earlier the week. She lived over 6 hours away and has been sick for weeks. However, hearing that she had passed well.. it was still a lot to take in. My mother, father, sister, and I drove to the funeral. It was a lot of driving. However, I'm happy I was able to get off work to say my final good byes to her. She looked so peaceful and it was still a lot to take in. 

Let me tell you about grandma Jessie. She lived to be 91 years old, almost 92 really because her birthday would have been in just a few weeks. She met the love of her life when she was 21 and moved to the small town of Tilt Cove where her and her husband had three daughters and five sons. Her husband passed away much too early leaving her to take care of the younger children on her own. She raised them though. She had some many grandchildren, great grand children and even one great-great grandchild who was born just a few months ago. She loved all them and always had pictures up throughout her house. 

I grew up seeing her for a few months every winter and then visiting her every other summer in Tilt Cove. We even surprised her last year, if you caught that in one of my past posts from a year ago. We drove all the way and never told her and she was so shocked to see us all. It was fun. 

I will miss those times. I had been hoping to visit her for her birthday this year and we surprise her again. However, that won't happen now. I will miss her getting mad at me every time I get more blond in my hair and her tickle hugs that she was so fond of giving. Her smile was lovely and her tongue was sharp. 

Although I am sad that she is gone, I am so thankful that I got to know her and have her around for as long as I got to. Not many people get to say that they had their great-grandmother in their life for 23 years. But I do, which makes me so lucky. So, Jessie I hope you enjoy it up there and there's all the bingo and bowling you can play. 

I will miss you and will always love you Grandma. 

I don't know when I'll visit Tilt Cove again. I just know that it will never be the same there now. 



1 comment

  1. Sorry for your loss. Definitely she is in the better World now.

    http://youthfulblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete