August 2016 Favourites



This month literally flew... I feel like I say this every month. Is it because I'm getting older and time goes faster? Is that a thing? I don't know, but I think it is. Anyway, I got a few favorites this month to share with you guys that I greatly enjoyed. Let's get into it shall we?

Books:




The first book I read this month was of course Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. It was so good, it was a little weird to read a script, but after a while it was like going home and being surrounded with family. It was amazing. I am very sad though that J.K. Rowling said it will be the last of Harry Potter.



The other book that I loved this month was "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. This one was super funny and I loved how she spoke of her time struggling to make it in New York.

TV Shows:

August was probably the most shows I've watched in a single month and I have some faves besides my usual Pretty Little Liars for this time of the year.



So one show was The Mindy Project. I have actually never watched it and I caved and watched it all within 6 days. It's awesome. It's such a fun show and great to binge watch.


The second show I loved was Stranger Things. If you have not watched it yet... WATCH IT. It was so good, the cast was awesome, the plot, the suspense were all perfect. So, watch it. It's only 8 episodes and I watched it all in a day.

Beauty: 



So, my only beauty item for the month of August was a bottle of Essie nail polish named Lady Like. I love this. It is like this purplish nude color or like a mauve. Either way I enjoy it. It's very different than what I normally wear on my nails, but I can see myself wearing this a fair amount in the fall. Right now though it's been my go to nail polish near the end of this month.

Collection: 


I collect things that may seem odd, but my friend has been amazing and the newest addition to my collection is the Sailor Moon Moon Stick. I love it. It's perfect and I always wanted one of these as a kid. My child heart is happy.

Random: 


Desert Gem cactus. This has been the little bit of green I've added to my room. I have a terrible habit of killing plants, but I'm hoping I can at least keep a cactus alive. I enjoy how green it is. I got this from Wal-Mart for about $8.


What has been some of your favorites for the month of August? Let me know down below!

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jessie xoxo

No comments