Blogmas Day 6: Christmas Decorating in a Day



Everyone is busy this time of the year. Work piles up, free time is spent shopping, and decorating for the holidays seems like a massive task. This year for Christmas I have actually been working full time and have very little time to decorate. Which is why I have developed a plan to keep myself motivated for an entire day to get all my house decorations complete.

I don't know about you, but my family has so many decorations, say seven giant totes filled with decorations. So, it can be a bit time consuming and occasionally it has taken us a few days to complete.

Now I would advise for doing this you should have everything prepared and ready to go the night before. If you are wondering how to prep for decorating I would suggest organising every box into the room it should be in. If you can make sure to have anything that gets switched is down and packed away. We have a lot of frames that get replaced with Christmas themed paintings. Now the other main things to keep you going is to have an awesome Christmas playlist set up and some snacks ready to go for the decorating day.

When it is the actual day for decorating which may be your only day off from work the week (I know it will be mine), you're going to want to get up early. You're then going to make an awesome breakfast and crank up the Christmas music. Once you're functioning, it'll be time to get into decorating.

You should then tackle each room at a time. Completely finish the room before you start on the next. And have all the boxes tidied up as well. That way when everything is done you can put the boxes back into storage. Take a break if you need during the day with the snacks you have ready. You could also invite a friend over or have you siblings or parents help you decorate. If you make it a party time and dance around it's going to take no time at all to finish all the decorating.

I hope this helps with your decorating day. Have you already started decorating? Comment down below links to pictures of your Christmas decorating! I would love to see them!

Thank you so much for stopping by and I will see you again tomorrow!

Jessie
xoxo

No comments